The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 家具产业出口下滑 高端制造短板未破
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 住建部：今年上半年工程建设项目审批将压缩至120个工作日以内 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 北京：开发商违法设置隔离将暂停网签 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 协会携手行业专家开展绿色装饰材料高峰论坛: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 共享住宿2020年规模有望达500亿元 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Mr Ravenscroft believes he would have had a narrower perspective if he had become a management consultant. Teaching also helped him develop a willingness to take risks — the hard way. “If you stand in front of 30 teenagers who won’t hold back when you’re doing something wrong it makes you willing to try things.”
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 连平：2017年房价涨幅放缓 暴跌可能不大
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 上半年房贷增速全面加快 折射房价走势
- 房价上涨导致下游产业扩张提速 玻璃市场需求不断增加
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- "Poverty has stunted further growth in Internet users, which has kept the Net user population to around 50 percent," Li said.
- 京东发布互联网家居研究报告 金牌上榜O2O品牌销售额TOP10
- 深圳家具企业接连倒闭 发展模式急需变革
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)